Tony and I had a meeting on Wednesday.
It’s something we do every now and again, but probably not enough. Actually, we definitely don’t do it enough. The meeting we had this week was the best meeting we’ve ever had… and the reason for this blog piece!
We went to Flavours Coffee Shop in Warlingham, which is just over the road from InTandridge HQ (black coffee for Tony, tea and orange juice for me) and bounced some ideas around on how we can make InTandridge better, more engaging, provide better content and help local businesses to generate more work. We looked at our site, our magazine, our social media, our email update, how we interact with local businesses and what we offer.
We came up with some brilliant ideas, including:
- A6 Window Stickers promoting InTandridge for brand awareness and to attract new users to our site.
- Feedback Cards for the local businesses to hand our to their clients so their clients can give honest feedback about the service they’ve provided. As well as helping local businesses to improve, taking on board the feedback provided, this feedback will also be published on their InTandridge profiles, which will help them attract new clients.
- Short videos and more engaging content of local events, fitness classes, local businesses and business owners. Showing local people (and potential clients) the face behind a business or letting them know something they didn’t know about a local business or business owner.
- Blog updates from us. We’re actively promoting local events, live music, local fitness classes etc, we forget to tell you about us and what we’re up to… hence this blog now. We’ll be doing this more often, so hopefully you like what you’re reading!
- Improvements to our site (including speed), magazine (including content), e-mail update and social media posts. We’re also very open to hearing ideas on what you would like to see from us. Feel free to comment below or email me here.
We came up with lots more ideas to help our business and local businesses thrive, but I’m trying to keep this blog / InTandridge update from being a J.K Rowling novel… so I’ll stop there! Hopefully you’ll see and like some of the new content we’ll be providing and we would love to hear from you with your thoughts or and ideas that you have!
So, what else have we been up to?
Friday 28 April – I went to Oxted Networking, a monthly networking meeting on the last Friday of the month at the Oxted Royal British Legion. It was celebrating it’s 2nd birthday and although I haven’t been for a long time… it was just as I remembered… friendly, welcoming and relaxed. It was a good event and the ‘mastermind session’ to bounce ideas around and solve other business owner’s issues was great! Since Oxted Networking, I’ve been in contact with fellow networker, Julia from Truly Yours Holidays and I’ve got a meeting next week with Pete from Watb (in Nutfield), to look at SEO and social media marketing.
Saturday 29th April – I took my 2 daughters to the fair at the Warlingham May Queen event. We missed the procession but they had a great time on the fairground rides and stalls!
Monday 1 May – It was a bank holiday but I still managed to arrange e-tickets for (tonight’s) Caterham Comedy show at Soper Hall. Charlotte Stevens, won our Facebook competition to win a pair of tickets for House of Stand Up’s excellent Caterham Comedy Night!
Tuesday 2 May – I met with Ying, owner of Wedding LookBook, which is a new all in one wedding shop in Caterham Valley. Hidden away with it’s entrance between The Carphone Warehouse and Crystal Carpets, it’s a real surprise when you head up with large bright rooms showcasing everything you need when you’re getting married: wedding dresses, men’s suit hire, flowers, cakes, wedding table decorations and even a light up dance floor! We’ll be adding Wedding LookBook’s local business profile on InTandridge shortly!
Wednesday 3 May – The excellent and highly productive meeting with Tony as mentioned above.
Thursday 4 May – Working on the designs for our A6 window stickers and our local business customer feedback cards. They look great!
Friday 5 May (Today) – I met Tom and Terry from Oak & Iron Furniture at their warehouse in Warlingham. They used to display their furniture and provide their framing service at the Post Office in Warlingham, when it was based next to Streeter Marshall… but now everything runs from their workshop in Fairleigh Road. They’ve got some great furniture designs and everything is made to order!
Terry then introduced me to Jon, director of Fresh Fabrications, who specialise in bespoke welding, fabrication and engineering services. He’s got a cool workshop and showed me a few pieces of his recent work, while we chatted about local marketing and branding. Discussing InTandridge with Jon, I said (as I normally do) that ‘we’ve been established for just over a year’. It was only when I followed up with an email with some of our user analytics that Jon was interested in, that I realised that we’ve actually been going for just over two years! Bearing in mind Oxted Networking recently celebrated it’s second birthday, and I went to their first ever networking group, you would have thought that I would have clicked that we’ve been going two years… but no, in my head it was ‘just over a year’!
When looking at our analytics and marketing information for Jon earlier, I also realised that we now have over 2,000 follows/likes on our social media!
Have a great weekend,
- Unique Users on our website: 26,474
- Households/ Businesses our quarterly magazine is delivered to: 20,000
- Follows/Likes on social media: 2,043
- Local Businesses currently live on InTandridge: 143
- Local Businesses Profiles we’re working on and will be going live very soon: 4