Charity Cricket Match
InTandridge had our first ever charity event last night,
a T20 Cricket match vs Woldingham Village Cricket Club!
Woldingham Village Cricket Club batted first and captain, Simon Hodsdon, sent out a strong line up!
Woldingham’s opener made the most of being dropped early (and InTandridge’s limited bowling ability), going on to top score, with what felt like about 300 runs. Hitting numerous fours and some absolutely huge sixes… our only consolation was collecting extra donations for The Lily Foundation when knocking on local resident’s doors, to ask for the match ball (sponsored by Nine 8 Nine Design & Print) back out of their back garden!
Despite an athletic display by Rick Kolkman behind the stumps (sponsored by Chartfords Trees), and some brilliant deliveries from bowlers James Scott, Sam Edwards, Paul Bennet, Ben White and Allan Guild; Woldingham had some excellent batsmen, who managed to score at the same rate as the BBQ (sponsored by Bashford & Co) burgers were being sold by Julie and Chelsea!
Woldingham went on to smash 176 runs from their 20 overs, losing just 5 wickets in the process!
As the crowd grew to 100+, so did the pressure on InTandridge, as opener and InTandridge founder, Lloyd Owen-Skull, was dismissed in just the second over.
Woldingham’s Barmy Army, led by ‘Ali G’, were temporarily quietened by some fine batting from Stuart Flynn, Tom Gowers and Darren Fox, however we didn’t manage to get close to the excellent knock by Woldingham Village CC, scoring 118-7 from our 20 overs!
The cricket match was organised to raise money for The Lily Foundation, who is committed to finding a cure for Mitochondrial Disease through funding research, raising awareness and family support.
Both Woldingham Village Cricket Club Chairman, Hugo Wymer, and InTandridge would like to thank everyone that came along and supported the event. Every donation given and every hotdog, burger, drink and raffle ticket sold, helped us to raise £1,620.24!
Firstly, thank you to Woldingham Village Cricket Club and Chairman, Hugo Wymer, who helped us organise a fantastic event.
If you are looking for a friendly cricket club to join, Woldingham have a Saturday and Sunday team, and welcome new players. Email Hugo at [email protected]
We would also like to thank:
- Woldingham Village Club Bar & Kitchen, who Sponsored the bar and ran the BBQ
- Bashford & Co, who sponsored the BBQ, supplying the delicious burgers and sausages
- Nine 8 Nine Design & Print, who sponsored the match ball and supplied our leaflets
- Chartfords Trees, who sponsored the stumps
- Tarryn & Steph, who sold raffle tickets on the night
Thank you to all the local businesses that donated a raffle prize.
If you bought a ticket but left before the draw, please check below to see if you have won a prize. If you have won, email [email protected]
- Manic Monsters – Family Ticket – claimed
- LCA Stage Academy – Music Theatre Class for 2 – claimed
- Surrey Dance School – 6 Week adult dance course – 285
- Inspirit Fitness – Personal Training sessions – claimed
- The Beauty Spa – Back, neck & shoulder massage – 170
- The Altonwood Golf Group – 4 Ball golf – claimed
- The Barley Mow – Pub with restaurant, garden & live music – claimed
- County Border Osteo – Osteopath Appointment – claimed
- Gurkha Kitchen, Thai Pad & Cucina Italiana – £30 Voucher – claimed
- Beaver Waterworld – Family Ticket – claimed
- Knights Garden Centres – £10 Voucher – claimed
- Gary’s Get Driving School – Driving Lesson – claimed
- Chic – Stylish Elegant Grooming – £40 Voucher – claimed
- Fairalls – £25 Voucher – claimed
- Time Hair & Beauty – Claimed
- Christian Cars – MOT – 376
- North Downs Golf Club – 4 Ball – claimed
- ChickFit – Fitness For Women – claimed
- Signed Mike Gatting OBE Bat – claimed
- Queen Fitness – Aqua Classes – claimed
- MelVic Cleaning Services – 3 Hour clean – 123